I know it’s been a long time since I wrote you, like maybe 45 years ago? You’d know better than I… I’m writing you now because I have a few requests that I’m hoping you can deliver this Christmas. Oh and by the way, you’ll be pleased to know none of these require you come down a chimney. Although, I know with Covid you may be struggling and if that’s the case, I can always use a good chimney inspector. Think about it. Okay, so here goes:
- I’d like more listings please. And I don’t mean for me personally, although that would be nice, but I mean in general. In case you hadn’t noticed, we are at an historic low level of inventory here in the Conejo. As of today, there are just 256 homes of all sizes and prices actively for sale (check out those listings here). I don’t need to tell you, that there are a lot of boys and girls, many of whom are Millennials just now starting household formation, asking for a new home this year. They are getting pretty desperate and would take just about anything.
- Pool homes with nice yards and lots of bedrooms. With all the people leaving the city and coming to the suburbs in response to the stay at home orders, remote work freedoms and home schooling demands, we are seeing unprecedented requests for homes with space, places to go and things to do.
- Since I’m asking for more listings, would it be too much to ask for homes that have been remodeled? With rates so low, most buyers would rather pay extra for amenities and finance those upgrades than pay cash for them. It only makes sense, right?
- I know this is a reach, but can you make a disproportionate number of the listings, single story? See, if we had more one story’s, our older neighbors would choose to sell and buy one of those single story’s, rather than age in place like they’re doing now. By aging in place instead of historically downsizing, our inventory is being even further constrained.
- Lastly, could you hold the fort on our pricing situation? It’s getting so most average folks even with the low rates, are having a hard time making sense of the skyrocketing prices (Contact me here). We’re running into appraisal problems and let’s not even bring up affordability.
See, that wasn’t too bad right? Nothing to load onto the sleigh, no roofs to climb or chimneys to shimmy, just some good old fashioned wishful thinking. So, bring “home” some good holiday cheer would ya, St. Nick?
Thank you in advance,
Posted in Real Estate
Tagged #christiesinternationalrealestate, broker, Christies, Dear Santa, Estates, For Sale, Home, real estate, Realestate, Realtor, Realty, Santa, selling, Tim Freund